Dispatch Supervisor- $5,000 sign on bonus
Reporting to the Communications Director, the Communications Supervisor works among a team of supervisors providing oversight, direction, training, and coaching to the personnel of the Communications Center for AMR in Portland, Oregon. The Communications Supervisor is involved in developing and maintaining a system of delivering quality customer service in the ambulance communications center environment. The Communications Supervisor works to implement new technologies and processes to better serve our customers and assure benchmarks are being met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieve customer service goals and affect advancements in the quality and level of care provided by the staff at AMR.
- Provide leadership and direction in the planning, development, implementation, and monitoring of customer service related outcomes.
- Ensure that external and internal customers’ questions and problems are resolved properly and quickly. Address challenging customers and problems that require escalation outside of the department.
- Will act as an internal consultant by leading the design/redesign, development, implementation and monitoring of process improvement to enhance quality, operational performance and customer experience
- Ensure the AMR organization staff is fully trained and clinically competent to deliver the highest quality emergency and ambulance services.
- Establish and ensure positive, working relationships within the AMR organization,
- Build and maintain a positive working environment that attracts and retains high- quality staff.
- Establish and ensure positive working relationships with co-responders, EMS Agencies, area hospitals, clinics, community health departments, regulatory entities, and allied organizations.
- Assist and provide ongoing leadership and guidance to align key stakeholders: group leadership, operating leaders, other team members to uncover and assess process improvement opportunities
- Establish and ensure the AMR organization adheres to prescribed standards of quality assurance and performance improvement.
- Ensure the organization meets or exceeds all governmental, regulatory and accreditation standards in all areas of day to day operations.
- Support and uphold all policies, procedures, and protocols associated with the operations of the AMR organization.
- Facilitate, train, mentor and coach others throughout the organization in the use of process improvement tools and application/execution of these tools
- Foster a workplace that results in the development of a high performing team of professionals and staff. Recruit, develop and inspire a highly effective team of health care professionals. Insure that all staff are properly coached and directed, and that clearly defined measurements of performance and rewards are utilized to enhance individual and organizational effectiveness.